I sold the pair as per my plan posted @137.07 and added sells each time it hit a resistance on the smaller time-frames, so the pair generated some good $$. My overall bias is still bearish on this pair, however, I’m also happy to buy and sell it between R&S levels based on strong/weak currency analysis and while the market is so slow. Ultimately, I see this pair move down to the 129 area and even 125 over the longer term.

GBPJPY - follow up 17 APRIL 2017

Source: QUEEN OF POUND

11 thoughts on “GBPJPY – PROGRESS ON TRADE PLAN 17 APRIL 2017”

1. Dalmas Ngetich - FOREX.TODAY says:

GBP is after the diamonds in the Earths core! with the way things are going, it should be in parity with USDJPY..

Well said and as you know I’m a bear on USDJPY and it hit my target at 109.30 last week and I agree with parity on this pair.

3. Kwesi Albury says:

Maryna you know the right way to trade (assuming by chart markup and prediction) is your win rate 90% and up yet?

Hey Kwesi, I’m aiming for 90%, but it’s around 73%.Thanks for the “extra” confidence in my trading!

5. Dalmas Ngetich - FOREX.TODAY says:

by the time you are 90%, Goldman Sachs will be after you

Hey Dalmas! I will never trade with someone else’s money and I think that is what gives me confidence as I don’t need to worry about trading other people’s money! I have a contract now with an investment company here in Cape Town, but as an analyst and not trading anyone’s money for them – just the way I like it and I can work from home or an office! I know many people believe trading other’s accounts is a cash cow machine, but not for me, as it’s way too stressful. There are other way’s of making money in forex without having to be a hedge fund manager with client responsibilities.

1. Omphemetse Rangaka says:

nice one Maryna i like the route you took as an analyst.

Thanks Omphemetse – miss you on Telegram and you must SKYPE me at Maryna.Murray27 so that we can stay in contact.

6. Kash says:

FYI: I lost my shirt shorting this at 137.07….

7. Kash says:

Where is your trade follow-up after May announced an election in the UK.
    Beginner traders like myself would benefit from a follow-up.
    I think it is easy to follow-up a trade when it bears fruit but not when it fails.

LOL! Theresa announced the election on 18 April and that is exactly why and when GBP turned bullish, so why did you stay in the sell until you lost your shirt knowing about her announcement and impact on GBP? The trade paid about 138p before she made her announcement and it was a great price to enter a buy after her announcement. As traders we must adapt to economic news events and this was a great example. I don’t post all my trades and have followed up on losing trades in the past when I was a beginner as you call yourself, but have subsequently learned to cut my losses very quickly and to adapt to market changes You only lose money/shirt/wardrobe when you trade with too big volume and/don’t cut your losses quickly/don’t adapt to market conditions – a skill that is required of a trader .Also, I was the only one to post losing trades in the past and not even you are posting your losing trade, yet you say beginners would benefit from follow-ups? Anyway, here is your personal follow up on GBPJPY and I will respond to your other comments posted as well as you’ve spent your whole Saturday commenting on my posts.